Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

CPU Programming FUBAR... Now What???

Old April 2nd, 2016, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CPU Programming FUBAR... Now What???

How do I recover from this FUBAR???
I have a 1997 Express 2500 with a 5.0. I was using my Jet programmer to clear a (continual) ''transmission error' engine code. It usually clears the first time unless it is cold. When it did not clear, I pushed the buttons again, saw the "Check Engine" light go off and started the engine.
Just as I looked down at the programmer and saw that it went into the programming mode, not the code reader mode, the engine cut off.

Now the Jet programmer will not connect to the CPU with an "Error" stating "CPU NEEDS ATTENTION". The engine will just turn over but will not start.

I tried a restore procedure I read about: disconnected the battery for twenty minuets, reconnected battery and turned the ignition to the on position for five minuets, turned it off and it still did not fire up.

NOW WHAT??? Replace the CPU???
Old April 2nd, 2016, 4:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

connect with a different scan tool. preferably a full function scan tool. see which modules can communicate with the scan tool and which won't.

does the progammers web site have tech support?
Old April 2nd, 2016, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, they have tech support during normal business hours Monday thru Friday, 9 to 5. All ready sent them an email.
I really had not planned on purchasing a full function scan tool at this time.... But then, I really had not planned on killing my van in the hotel parking lot while working three hundred miles from home ether...

Search this Thread