Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Debris under wipers, behind hood Chevy Express

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2018, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debris under wipers, behind hood Chevy Express

2017 Express gets debris one the intake vent, driver side. Is there an after market fix? Same problem with a 2003 Express. There's no screen under wipers so acorns, leaf particles, dead cicadas, spring debris off oak tree get in there and it costs hundreds of dollars to have them removed at dealership. Windshield covers are not designed long enough to cover this area.
Old October 12th, 2018, 6:22 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My truck sat under a row of 100' cedars for three months, then under another 100' cedar for four months, then on a farm field for another six months. It collected lots of crap, but I have not noticed anything under the vent. On the other side, the inside, of the intake grill I mean. Does your debris get inside there? That is where the cabin air comes from so you cannot block it, but you may be able to make something up with a six inch strip of rubber attached to the underside of the hood.
Old December 28th, 2018, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On our Saturns we have had a screen of sorts so nothing would ever be taken in to that area.. The intakes on the Saturns, Chevy KUV and now the passenger van are paste the windshield in the area beneath the driver side wiper blade. Your suggestion may be worth a try once the weather warms. For now we have used a windshield cover that has elastic straps that attach to both side mirrors. We pull the cover down over that area whenever the Oak drops debris in the Spring and Fall.