Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Disappointed in GM. why can't I get a van loaded like a pick up?

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2017, 5:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They had better not change the GMC van line to that unibody eurocrap that the others have.
Old January 1st, 2017, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I hope they don't either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think the 6.6 Duramax is still available in the cargo/cut-away versions. Just not in the passenger. That is where the baby Duramax is going. Not sure the reason for the smaller Duramax. You fill one up with people and grab a trailer like the guys around here do with the Amish and you got a load. At least when I looked last on the Chevy page. Now I do not see the Diesel at all. Man, I those guys at GM is making it hard to stay loyal. They really hate their customers.

And don't get me started about the lack of wheel choices.

Last edited by SchnauzerKing; January 1st, 2017 at 8:13 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 2:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is the big Duramax is gone for all series. The 6.0 will be the engine for the 3500 and 4500 cutaway. Small Duramax optional for 3500 van body only.

I wouldn't mine seeing a GM Eurovan, but keep both. Let GMC have a eurovan and Chevy keep current design (or vice versa.)
Old May 20th, 2018, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why they don't have the same options as in there trucks . By keeping the same options it would save GM money as they would not need to tool differently ,Grills ,headlights ,dashes , seats, so many items could cross over into the G -line and bring back the van . I miss my 77 vemco 4x4 chevy van with 12.50 x36 x 16.5 mounted on western bullet II rims .