Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Do I have single or dual stage airbags on my Chevy Van?

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2019, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have single or dual stage airbags on my Chevy Van?

I have a 2005 Chevy 1500 passenger van. The manual says this van could have either single stage or dual stage airbags. Is there a way to figure out which ones my vehicle has?
Old April 30th, 2019, 7:36 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

deploy them and watch the show. but sorry i cant really help you
Old April 30th, 2019, 8:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if you have a seat position sensor you have dual stage. if you were to see the back of the airbag and count the connectors...1 plug=no, 2 plugs=dual stage
The following users liked this post:
dberladyn (August 7th, 2019)
Old April 30th, 2019, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Tech2! The reason I asked the question was because I'm trying to figure out if my van originally had seat position sensors. The prior owner replaced the original seats, and the replacement seats do not have seat position sensors and also do not have pretensioners. The connectors under both seats are just lying there not hooked up to anything, and nothing to hook them up to.

I'm getting codes B0083 and B0084, plus U1016. I was wondering if I purchased the seat position sensors and added them to my existing seats, whether that might solve the SRS light on issue.