Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Drivers side door replacement 2007 Express

Old February 11th, 2017, 10:38 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drivers side door replacement 2007 Express

Need info on difficulty installing a new door on my 2007 2500 express. I have a door but its been striped of everything. I understand that all the components from the damaged door thats still on the van will fit the replacement door. The damaged door has severe damage on the very bottom only. No internal components are affected. It still closes and locks, window works as it should and speaker also works. Is this going to be a difficult job? I could not find anything on youtube concerning with complete change out of door and its components.
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's very straightforward. You need to hammer out the 2 pins that hold it. If you're in the rust belt it may be difficult if not impossible. Can't tell until you try.
Old February 14th, 2017, 6:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No rust belt here. My major concern is the window. The replacement has been stripped of everything so that means all components on the damaged door must be removed and then installed on the replacement door.

Search this Thread