Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Evap incomplete , No Codes , driven over 50 miles and have done road test.

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2017, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap incomplete , No Codes , driven over 50 miles and have done road test.

I have a 2006 Chevy Commercial Cutaway Van with a 6.0L Gas V8 (Similar to a Express 3500 and Chevy 3500 Truck) , the Evap is incomplete. I have driven over 50 miles and still it doesn't complete. There are not any pending codes on my OBII reader. My OBII scanner cant force a Evap test. I plan on buying a new gas cap tomorrow.. Any Ideas? (Thanks in Advance)

Last edited by TallTexasGuy; October 4th, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old October 6th, 2017, 12:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It takes a bunch of certain conditions for the EVAP to clear. Like fuel level between certain values, and start-up temp below certain level, highway miles, etc. Here in CA, EVAP is the only one monitor that is allowed to be incomplete in order to pass smog test. Probably same in TX?
Old October 6th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if the monitor has not run and failed...no sense to buy parts. the conditions for the monitor to run have not been met. Find out the conditions needed to run the monitor.
As artie said...fuel level must be between 25 and 75% or it will not run. Some models are temp dependent and will not run if to cold out....that is why you dont get evap leaks in the winter...the monitor doesnt run...hence the allowance for evap monitors not needed to be complete for state testing.
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I had to replace the fuel cap on my '05 Equinox, and was told that it could take 75 to 100 miles to clear the code, without a manual method. of clearing it In other words, it may just be the system being slow.
Old October 11th, 2017, 8:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

you can clear the code instantly with a code reader, the monitor will read incomplete until the evap monitor runs.... either pass or fail. miles driven has nothing to do with it...the condition to run the monitor must be met during a trip for a monitor to complete.

Last edited by tech2; October 11th, 2017 at 8:33 PM.