Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

G30 3500 turn signal and brake light

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2019, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G30 3500 turn signal and brake light

Anyone can give me tips at what to look... turn signal and brake light stopped working at the same time. Fuse are good and day light is working (front and back). first thought is the relay. But why would brake light be affected? could a burnt bulb cause this kind of issue (no more turn or brake light front and back)?

thanks everyone
Jeremie
It's a camper based on a G30 1985
Old July 17th, 2019, 4:47 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

How did you check the fuses? A visual check is not good enough. A fuse can control more than 1 thing and may not be marked as you think it should be.
Old July 17th, 2019, 4:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

a burnt bulb usually only affects on corner of the vech......like left front or left rear.....but not all the way around....i would look for a bad ground wire or broken wire....you could also have multiple issues at the same time.....bad ground...bad brake switch.........good luck
Old July 17th, 2019, 11:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeremie tessier
Anyone can give me tips at what to look... turn signal and brake light stopped working at the same time. Fuse are good and day light is working (front and back). first thought is the relay. But why would brake light be affected? could a burnt bulb cause this kind of issue (no more turn or brake light front and back)?

thanks everyone
Jeremie
It's a camper based on a G30 1985
I believe all of them go trough the turn blinker switch too. Make you have the right DC coming out of it.