Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

grab Reverse (+) for Rear Camera

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2019, 7:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well..."someone" doesn't know wtf they are talking about and didn't look at the drawing, there is no other reverse signal on an 03-06 express/savana, the BCM puts out the reverse light power directly. You never mentioned what you are using for a monitor, is it a stereo head unit? Some of the newer ones don't even need this circuit routed to them, they read the class2 data line which also contains gear position so it knows when you are in reverse. If you are going to do this kind of work you need to either go to the gmupffiter website and look up the actual wiring diagram or get a subscription for AllDataDIY for your specific year/model.
Old January 18th, 2019, 7:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

... I just want to avoid that I cause an electrical mess and something breaks. As you can imagine, there are not many spare parts in Europe and the import is expensive.
I will follow your advice and pick up the signal there.
P.S .: Unfortunately, the radio can not handle the Class 2 signals, so I have to go this way at all.
Old January 18th, 2019, 8:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, after German time it is just 15:30 and I had a short time to tap the cable and test it.
What should I say ... You were right. The camera will now turn on automatically and the right input will be selected on the radio. Seems like there is no problem with that.
If you are in Germany, you can drink a beer with me.
Many Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2019, 8:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyriemen
So, after German time it is just 15:30 and I had a short time to tap the cable and test it.
What should I say ... You were right. The camera will now turn on automatically and the right input will be selected on the radio. Seems like there is no problem with that.
If you are in Germany, you can drink a beer with me.
Many Thanks!
Glad to hear you got it done!
Old January 21st, 2019, 12:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LCAC_Man
Well..."someone" doesn't know wtf they are talking about and didn't look at the drawing,.... .....If you are going to do this kind of work you need to either go to the gmupffiter website and look up the actual wiring diagram or get a subscription for AllDataDIY for your specific year/model.
Just *in case* your comment is in reference to me, because I am sensitive and I dislike posting without doing all of someone's work for them beforehand, that is what I have been saying throughout my posts. Look at the freaking schematics. The rest of my words were just filler for my own entertainment and time occupation. Maybe you are not referring to me, I just know that I didn't put the work in to look up all the facts for someone else and yada yada yada. Maybe it's just guilt on my part? Anyways, if it is in reference to me, I kept trying to push the direction of looking at the schematics because that is page one, grade one. I wouldn't trust any of you *bleepers* over the actual diagrams. At least not if I had clear reference to them.

Ponyriemen
I am glad you got it done too.

Last edited by dberladyn; January 21st, 2019 at 12:47 AM.