Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Ground Locations?

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2019, 12:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ground Locations?

Back again for some more help with our 2014 intermittent dash cluster. Over the past 2 years, GM has replaced a wire harness, instrument cluster, ignition switch and three relays in the fuse panel under the hood. I decided they just don't have a clue despite seeing the panel go dead while their diagnostic equipment was attached. (The only error they captured indicated a "loss of communications".)
They now think it is a faulty ground. Rather than pay them to chase that, I'm thinking I can do the same. I see the ground under the hood near the battery but, are there other grounding location under the dash? I'm thinking the body control module is somehow involved in this and perhaps it is its ground that is at the root of this issue.

Thanks,
Gary
Old April 28th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

The upfitter manual has beautiful drawings of all the ground locations, harness routing etc. Have a look.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/pages/body-builder-manuals
Old April 29th, 2019, 5:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just downloaded that...quite a bit of information! This will keep me busy this afternoon. Thanks for the link.
Gary