Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Hazzard lights and blinker switch.

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2017, 10:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hazzard lights and blinker switch.

Good morning all. Iv'e been having this problem for sometime and i went in to fix yesterday. To make a long story short i took apart all the stuff around the hazzard switch. I popped the hazzard light switch out,because i knew i could do no harm to it.I know it's the switch because all relays are good and fuses. I have reached the end of my capabilities. It looks to me like the whole steering wheel has to come off to fix. I'm not going there lol. My question is i need confirmation on this and maybe a wholesale supply house that would be cheaper then GM to get the part from and from there to mechanics. My van is 2000 g1500 5.7 8 cyl. conversion van explorer. Thanks for any help i can get on this and maybe a website that shows how to fix. Tks....
Old May 8th, 2017, 6:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can check RockAuto, they show several depending on your options.

2000 CHEVROLET EXPRESS 1500 5.7L V8 Turn Signal Switch |

Here's a video for 99-02 Silverado, might be similar:

RockAutohttps://chevroletforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9916&stc=1&d=149428559 6
Attached Thumbnails Hazzard lights and blinker switch.-screen-shot-2017-05-08-7.18.10-pm.png  

Last edited by Twscarp; May 8th, 2017 at 6:45 PM.
Old May 9th, 2017, 3:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Twscarp
You can check RockAuto, they show several depending on your options.

2000 CHEVROLET EXPRESS 1500 5.7L V8 Turn Signal Switch |

Here's a video for 99-02 Silverado, might be similar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxw3LSwZpRc

RockAutohttps://chevroletforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9916&stc=1&d=149428559 6
Thanks so much for your help. I will let you know how it goes.
Old May 21st, 2017, 8:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Hazard lights and blinker switch.

Thanks for the help with this Twscarp . I fixed it myself and saved 150 dollars on the part alone not to mention the hours of labor cost. I must note that my van was harder to get apart.The bottom of the switch can't be taken off with ratchet. You have to have a L shaped hex head t 25 very tight area. But all is well now. Thanks again for your help and i will buy from Rock Auto parts place you sent me to... Wayne

Last edited by wyn_fox; May 21st, 2017 at 9:02 AM.
Old May 21st, 2017, 9:03 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wyn_fox
Thanks for the help with this. I fixed it myself and saved 150 dollars on the part alone not to mention the hours of labor cost. I must note that my van was harder to get apart.The bottom of the switch can't be taken off with ratchet. You have to have a L shaped hex head t 25 very tight area. But all is well now. Thanks again for your help and i will buy from Auto parts place you sent me to... Wayne
👍 Great, thanks for letting us know.
Old May 25th, 2017, 3:22 PM
CF Active Member

Thumbs up

A-1 Auto has a lot of great install videos as well.

Glad you discovered you don't have to pull the steering wheel... Haynes, Chiltons, etc all make it look impossible... but YouTube proves them wrong.