Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Hello

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2019, 4:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GatorHawk24, thanks for the towing setup suggestions! This might sound dumb but I saw that brake controller before, probably the same post, and I love the look of it. I should be more concerned about function, but it looks great on the dash and I love that placement right under the tow/haul mode button.
Old March 11th, 2019, 5:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Originally Posted by pile0g00
hooked up to a 120v to 12v 10 amp power supply that is hooked to a 12v to 120v inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter
LOL did I hear that right? Did you just say you're converting 12V up to 120V and then back down to 12V?

Originally Posted by pile0g00
make sure it was working and that it was not getting too much interference from other wires that it was running next to
So did you end up using existing wires or putting in a new run?
Old March 11th, 2019, 5:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I wanted to check before I said anything, but I can see bumper with my tail light camera. I didn't slip the hitch in, but I'm sure I can see that too.
Old March 11th, 2019, 10:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
LOL did I hear that right? Did you just say you're converting 12V up to 120V and then back down to 12V?
Yes, LOL. I already had it wired up to the 12v power supply for the testing I was doing in my house, so plugging that into the inverter was actually the quickest way to test it.

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
So did you end up using existing wires or putting in a new run?
I put in a new run from the rear door to the front of the van using the wire that came with my camera. It is a single wire that carries the video and power. I was worried about a few wires in the back causing feedback, but I could not see any when I tested it while using all my different lights and accessories. I have not tested it since I finished the run, but at least I will know where to look for any interference that could show up. I did hook up the aftermarket harness and test that reverse wire I previously mentioned and the good news is that it is putting out 12v when the van is shifted into reverse

I also tested the aftermarket trim kit and it looks pretty good in the dash. It looks like I may need to modify the rear support area to get the top of the stereo to dop far enough into the dash. Like I said before I will create a new thread once I get it all figured out.
Old March 11th, 2019, 10:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by StanVan
I wanted to check before I said anything, but I can see bumper with my tail light camera. I didn't slip the hitch in, but I'm sure I can see that too.
StanVan it would be great if you could provide a picture with the hitch and also a day and night image. I am not opposed to changing to the taillight style backup camera. Thanks
Old March 15th, 2019, 2:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Here is my current attempt to solve my rear storage issue

They can collapse and fit inside of each other to get them out of the way if I need to. I really like the black ones, but the gray ones are garbage and broke when I was trying to snap them together.