Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

help me choose my new express

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2019, 12:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by the Brain

I sold the van to a older gentleman he was very enthusiastic and apparently has lots of other projects he said he wanted to say in touch w/ me I'll give him incruement to start a thread here w/ other van Guys like us.

that would be cool to see if this man refurb my old van. I'd rather see other people refurb and enjoy, rather than fix up and resell a decent full sized van.
This happened with my old Camaro after the motor went. A father/son drag team bought it. Now it lives on a track somewhere.
Old June 28th, 2019, 4:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update: there was a nice 07 model up for auction in Atlanta however I wasn't allowed to bid on a clear title vehicle that's a joke I can buy wrecks but not a clear title.

as few of these conversions are available I'm now considering paying for a broker to be able to bid, even though there are in the dirty car business w/ deposits fee %s they probably should be avoided I think they hold the title for ranson untill they finish raping you.

don't even get me started on the mexicans who never disclose mileage and in this case I think there lying about the year this isn't a 03 03+ was LS style engine not the snub nose
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...903730439.html

I'm also thinking that these conversions are like boats everyone jacks up the price during the spring/summer.

the search continues remember I will be taken a road trip for the right conversion 07 or newer less than 100K miles none white peeling paint basicelly the explorer YF7 uploader high top color silver there is a small finders fee.
Old June 28th, 2019, 4:17 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Beau Oszman
This happened with my old Camaro after the motor went. A father/son drag team bought it. Now it lives on a track somewhere.
yes alot of old F-bodys are still living on at the track. hell you can even buy a complete aftermarket body for old F-bodys.

edit: I have sean a few vans in Florida however if they towed a boat the van being so low would proballey been dunked in saltwater even a couple times a year the body frame anything underneth is rust.

edit: can I find the original size of engine w/ the VIN # ? Thanks TB

Last edited by the Brain; June 28th, 2019 at 2:19 PM.
Old June 28th, 2019, 2:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think if you decode the vin# there's a way to find out.
Old June 28th, 2019, 3:42 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Beau Oszman
I think if you decode the vin# there's a way to find out.
OK will do some searching.

still curious of what auctions you are seeing these conversions? again they are seldom for sale in the south.

I'm getting very good towing use out of the 97x and am impressed w/ it's towing to weight ratio it's a mid sized SUV it pulls/stops extremely strong and it's actually easier to maneuver than the express.

what I'm inbetween is where to camp either van or crawl over the gunnels and sleep in the cruiser while on land.

while underway it' easy decision but while on the road the SUV has no stand up room which the express has. both are campers just undecided.

I'm only a weekend camper for 3 -4 day cruises but haven't decided on camping on land yet. I think we really like to rinse in a fresh water lake and will probably only sleep in 97x at a quickie rest stop. so I'm leaning to fixing up the cruiser for more comfort which is fine w/ me even though the tall gunnels is hard to crawl over.

thanks Guys for advice TB

WTF is all this crape to left reducing the screen by 50%

Last edited by the Brain; June 28th, 2019 at 3:56 PM.
Old June 28th, 2019, 5:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

will the ELM327 show the real mileage ?

I know in California you can input the licence plate number into the Smog check website and it will tell you when it was checked and what the mileage was when inspected ,

Carfax is cheap on ebay , less than $5....

I looked for 3 months to find a panel van with sliding door and enough records to show mileage was less than 150k , most were 250k miles.....
Old July 3rd, 2019, 11:49 AM
CF Active Member

very disappointed: I just missed a nice 03 AWD from the net auction 153K miles explorer sold for $550. I would have made the trip to Wyoming for that deal.

When I started my account I supplied my driver license credit card w/ deposit ect.

three years ago I started my account and have purchased a donor boat mainly for it’s engine and steering sys.

I recently found out I can’t bid in Georgia/Alabama on clear titled vehicles a broker is required.

when I found out about each states rules w/ brokers I thought OK.

So now I’m attempting to bid on the Wyoming van no broker required, when I bid the same crape message comes up need a broker and or government ID (which I thought they had).

I blame the Mexicans for fouling this deal up for me they are prohibited from bidding w/out IDs. And now all of a sudden I have to upload my ID WTF. not a rant morel is be prepared to prove you're american.

The auction is over however it’s hard for me to believe they would sell it this cheap while it’s on an approval basis.

ICE I hope they get rounded up this week and deported. I'm getting sick over all this.

edit: I also saw the desert cruiser in post #10 for $35K on the block still unsold could be a tad overpriced for a older van even though it is 4x4

Last edited by the Brain; July 3rd, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 12:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by the Brain
very disappointed: I just missed a nice 03 AWD from the net auction 153K miles explorer sold for $550. I would have made the trip to Wyoming for that deal.

When I started my account I supplied my driver license credit card w/ deposit ect.

three years ago I started my account and have purchased a donor boat mainly for it’s engine and steering sys.

I recently found out I can’t bid in Georgia/Alabama on clear titled vehicles a broker is required.

when I found out about each states rules w/ brokers I thought OK.

So now I’m attempting to bid on the Wyoming van no broker required, when I bid the same crape message comes up need a broker and or government ID (which I thought they had).

I blame the Mexicans for fouling this deal up for me they are prohibited from bidding w/out IDs. And now all of a sudden I have to upload my ID WTF. not a rant morel is be prepared to prove you're american.

The auction is over however it’s hard for me to believe they would sell it this cheap while it’s on an approval basis.

ICE I hope they get rounded up this week and deported. I'm getting sick over all this.

edit: I also saw the desert cruiser in post #10 for $35K on the block still unsold could be a tad overpriced for a older van even though it is 4x4

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/independence-hat
The following 2 users liked this post by dberladyn:
MiragePilot (July 8th, 2019), the Brain (July 6th, 2019)
Old July 3rd, 2019, 4:18 PM
CF Active Member

hell yeah on 2020 then JR for 2 terms

don't get me started w/ nike shoes I've boycotted them
The following users liked this post:
dberladyn (July 3rd, 2019)
Old July 3rd, 2019, 4:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You'd be in the minority. Nike sales took a dip, but rebounded higher.

Quick Reply: help me choose my new express