Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2013, 4:46 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

given those options, the used one at the junk yard would be my first bet.

Next would be to spray it myself, the hood is tiny and the paint would be relatively cheap.

I have been considering spraying mine with black plasti-dip for something different. Or could go with the vinyl sticker option,

Sportsmobileforum.com • View topic - Accrete's 2010 Chevy Express AWD project

Brew
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shojo510
Hey All! Owner of a 2007 Express Cargo and I had a good size piece of paint peel off of my hood last December!

Now I just have a big primer/e-coat spot on my front -

Dealers giving me the "Gravel has chipped your paint and caused your paint to peel"

I've seen gravel chip the paint but it doesn't cause de-lamination ? Paint and primer should be bonded and like one! at least to my non professional view point...

I see a bunch of vans driving around with the same kind of issue...

Also read up on the paint problems from before(90's) with the automotive safety board...link

Anybody else have this going on???

pics?

frustrating...
My 2007 started the same way several years ago and now extends to over half the front area. I have no recourse with the courts as it is an US vehicle I bought 1 year old in Canada and the dealer failed to make the appropriate changes to qualify it for warranty. I have already paid for Dif seal replacement and also ring gear (flex plate) replacement. After 40+ years I have lost my love for GM (Chevrolet) products. Next time it will be an Import. Good luck with your paint battle.

Last edited by Oulderfauder; August 21st, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 9:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Funny, I have only seen the white cargo vans with peeling paint. Never on a passenger. I wonder if they have some fast cheap way of making the fleet vans.
The only peeling I have is the rail in the body that the sliding door wheel slides in.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Paint falling off my hood on 2007 Chevy van also. The dealer gave me the same line of bs about small chips letting water get under my paint. It seems to me they are playing stupid about any paint problems going on. I also spoke to gm and they acted like they never heard of this problem and would be back in truck with me. I'm not expecting anything to happen since I received a letter back in June 2013 about fixing my problem but nothing ever happened.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 3:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How come its always the white cargo vans? I have never seen a passenger van with this issue?
Cheap bastards at GM cutting corners on fleet units?
Old October 6th, 2013, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Does anybody know how to force GM to issue a paint recall?
Old October 6th, 2013, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

I thought with most vans missing paint on the hood only, the engine heat may have something to do with the problem. How can GM be forced to issue a recall?
Old October 11th, 2013, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default paint

i have a 2007 van from new , nearly all the paint on the hood has peeled plus patches on the roof front . contacted chey twice now sending a letter to .Chevrolet, PO box 33170, Detriot Mi 48232 att gm exec staff. lets see what happens now ,any one with the same paint defect needs to write to them, bad PR. roger
Old October 31st, 2013, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

I would like to look into a class action lawsuit with a local law firm. Would anyone else be interested in joining if I find out it is possible?
Old October 31st, 2013, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

O.k. so I found this while looking up the problem online. It is from a while back, but it is probably still in effect.
GM | The Center for Autosafety

I personally may be out of luck since I bought this van used recently and it has been way over the 6 year period. I guess there would be no way for me to prove the problem began prior to me owning the van, but it may help some of you that have had your vehicles since new or if the van is a 2007 or newer. I'll see what I can do about mine.

Quick Reply: Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo