Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

How big of a Water tank Can i put in my 2005 4.8 V8 Chevy Express 2500 van?

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2017, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How big of a Water tank Can i put in my 2005 4.8 V8 Chevy Express 2500 van?

Hey guys tried posting this on another website but ended up getting taken down due to not being registered for long enough.

So i'm trying to figure out what size tank i can hold in my van without me overloading it. I'm not too knowledgeable on what the max weight i can have in the van, but i'm assuming its a lot. The tank is for my pressure washer for mobile detailing. i'd like to carry as much water as i can because this will be the heaviest thing inside the van. I really don't have a lot of tools at all. mostly towels and soaps, brushed etc. What do you guys think any opinion's? Thanks for the help! i do appreciate this greatly!

P.S. I AM GOOGLING.
Old May 1st, 2017, 6:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The maxium payload for your van is 3254 lbs. A gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs., so I'm thinking about 390 gallons.

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 6.59.14 PM.png (179.1 KB)
Attached Thumbnails How big of a Water tank Can i put in my 2005 4.8 V8 Chevy Express 2500 van?-screen-shot-2017-05-01-6.59.14-pm.png  
Old May 1st, 2017, 6:53 PM
CF Veteran

Max payload also includes you your tools equipment etc......
Old May 1st, 2017, 7:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Exactly. Tools, equipment, the driver, passenger, lunch, etc... How about a 250 gallon tank (imagine approximately 5-55 gallon drums), that would leave you about 1100lbs for the items mentioned earlier. In the Chinook while in Alaska, we would carry a 600 gallon ferry tank (extra fuel tank), a Jeep, and 15 or 20 troops. Two pilots, one flight engineer and a crew chief. I was a FE, SP5, circa 1971.
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by gamingglory
Hey guys tried posting this on another website but ended up getting taken down due to not being registered for long enough.

So i'm trying to figure out what size tank i can hold in my van without me overloading it. I'm not too knowledgeable on what the max weight i can have in the van, but i'm assuming its a lot. The tank is for my pressure washer for mobile detailing. i'd like to carry as much water as i can because this will be the heaviest thing inside the van. I really don't have a lot of tools at all. mostly towels and soaps, brushed etc. What do you guys think any opinion's? Thanks for the help! i do appreciate this greatly!

P.S. I AM GOOGLING.
the pickups list the max towing and payload capacity in the glove box sticker next the the rpo build sheet. Maybe its in the same place for the vans. Its should also list the vin so you will know its for your build.