Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Leak - Side Window’s Weatherstripping Loose

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2019, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UPDATE: 6 Months Later

Just wanted to update since it’s been 6 months.

Rather than taking it to a shop I went the lazy route. So around the perimeter of the window, the weatherstripping was so bad I could just pull it out with my hands. I pulled out as much as I could, then cleaned the best I could and used ProFlex RV sealant (https://www.geocelusa.com/product/pr...xible-sealant/) to replace the rubber. I also added sealant around the outside of the window flange on the top and sides where a gap was present. It’s been about 6 months now and the sealant is holding up great. Fingers crossed no leaks appear.

I’m definitely not recommending others to use such a hacky fix as I have, rather I just wanted to make public what worked for me.

Last edited by IsaacK; February 11th, 2019 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Changed photo
Old February 11th, 2019, 9:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you got it done. If it lasted 6 months, I'd say you succeeded..
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good to me. My 87 g30 windsheild rusted around it so untill spring i tape around it with wide gurilla [?] tape and it's been a good temperay solution. Not looking forward to the work it will take to cure it but will be interesting . I hope i have half as much luck as you have had with your fix. Good luck to all and have a great day !