Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2018, 7:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I did the test and both sides are perfectly aligned. Nevertheless I adjusted them a little down and to the center.

I think people in front of me just dont like the white light.
Old December 19th, 2018, 8:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

It can be very piercing and blinding. It also scatters more.
Old December 19th, 2018, 9:17 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
I really do not like LED lights. The factory specs are more than ample.
To answer the question that I remember glancing at quite some time ago... Yes, I do. None of us know each other, but I do. All because I absolutely hate being blinded by LED and Xenon Lights. How ignorant can people be to oncoming drivers, drivers ahead of them and drivers being strained as you broadside with that light. Just in the picture above.. just bloody ignorant.
Old December 19th, 2018, 9:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Add to the mess is the people that mod projector headlights.....projector bulbs are high beam....so the hot spot is not fully covered....i get cars behind me i swear have their brights on, but they don't.
Old December 19th, 2018, 11:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Aside from a normal, well slept, happy go lucky driver, in the real world we have:
  • People who drink and drive
  • People who use drugs and drive
  • People distracted by their passengers
  • People over-tired from working long shifts
  • People nearly dropping dead from stress trying to hold their lives together and losing the battle to the smallest of details

I have always hated those lights, but after going through number five on my list... why add additional strain to other people with no regard to how might endanger and effect them? Three years ago I bought some high quality LED's for foglights. The colour isn't bad, but I immediately wished I bought halogens instead. I will likely still mount them as they are not driving lights / head lights, but I do even like the look of the light from the behind the bulb, let alone in front of it. It might not even be that blinding brightness that I despise so much, it might just simply be the wavelength. I find it extremely taxing on my eyes, not only that but that blue tinge feels ill. It just makes a person feel ill. This is probably associated with some other documented problems in regards to people not sleep after excessive electronics use using similar poor quality lighting behind the screens.

I hope to not post on this subject again, but I just hate 'modified' / 'customized' lights. I mean no personal offense, if I met you, I could like everything else about you... but this.
Old December 20th, 2018, 9:06 AM
CF Active Member

After aligned the lights as Stan said, I went for a night drive and didnt like it.

Just found that light is there, really bright, but cant use it.

’Nuff said, stock goes back in.
Old October 13th, 2021, 12:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion

Many new cars these days, especially the more expensive cars, use h7 led headlight bulb almost exclusively instead of traditional incandescent bulbs. But my car is just old enough, and just inexpensive enough, that all of the taillights, brake lights, turn signal lights, and running lights are old-fashioned incandescent bulbs.
Old June 14th, 2022, 5:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My workmate who delivers parcels works on a van with LED headlights, he says that in his opinion these are the best headlights he has ever used. I understand him and completely agree with him, because van headlights should have good bulbs that shine very brightly, since in the evening the light from the van should come very far for the safety of other drivers. In my car, smart bulb are installed that have a light regulator and automatically adjust to the time of day, making the light brighter or weaker. I really love various technologies and often buy useful gadgets for my car that make using the car more comfortable.

Last edited by GiavaniMallari; June 17th, 2022 at 3:21 AM.
Old June 27th, 2022, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

On the topic of LED's, my van is of the sealed-beam style. I replaced some tired halogens with DOT approved LED's. Better output, good cutoff.

No, I don't run the $20 aux lights on-road near people. They're retina searing, but I prefer more thrower type lighting. But they were free. Anyway these. Just be sure to aim them properly.
Amazon Amazon

Old June 28th, 2022, 2:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Those so called DOT approvals from Chinese vendors are always bogus.

Quick Reply: LED headlights