Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LT or LS passenger van?

Old May 26th, 2018, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT or LS passenger van?

How can I tell why I trim level my van is. It's not marked anywhere. It's a 2006 Express Passenger extended.
Old May 26th, 2018, 1:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 551 Posts

Call Chevrolet and ask.
Old May 26th, 2018, 2:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You can use the VIN decoder. It is a drop down under "Tools", at the top of the page. It should also be on the RPO sticker, and that should be on the passenger door. It's in code, so it may not be clear. And some codes change from one year to the next. My '16 has the code "1LT" which decodes to an LT model.
Old May 26th, 2018, 2:59 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting.
The VIN decoder on this site tells me I have an 1LS, and I'm pretty sure it is an 'LS' trim level. However, I don't have a 1LS RPO code. I have 1SA, which apparently is base.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; May 26th, 2018 at 3:04 PM.
Old May 26th, 2018, 3:14 PM
Super Moderator

You can use Google to find GM brochures online. Here's a table with trim details from 2013.

The trim level from the decoder is not especially useful. For example, power seats are not supposed to be available for LS vans, and yet I have one.
Attached Thumbnails LT or LS passenger van?-2013-gmc-savana-brochure-copy.jpg  

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; May 26th, 2018 at 3:18 PM.
Old May 26th, 2018, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by StanVan
You can use the VIN decoder. It is a drop down under "Tools", at the top of the page. It should also be on the RPO sticker, and that should be on the passenger door. It's in code, so it may not be clear. And some codes change from one year to the next. My '16 has the code "1LT" which decodes to an LT model.
good info. I'll check that and see. I've used some decoders before and they don't seem to give that info.
also my insurance paper that used the VIN lists it as extended sports van LOL. This thing is far from sports van
Old May 26th, 2018, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Call Chevrolet and ask.
LOL, I called the local GM dealer. The guy asked me if it had cloth interior or vinyl. I said cloth. He said, "it's probably an LT"
Im like wtf, I can probably guess.
What do you mean probably.
You guys are supppsed to be experts.
I was a master tech for Honda dealer and I knew all our cars inside out based on DX, LX, EX, your mamas ex. Tell me if it has one or two options and I can tell you which car you have. I could look at an accord from 20ft and tell you what it was(aside from the badge on the trunk)
Dude had no clue.
Old May 26th, 2018, 6:23 PM
Super Moderator

I skip the front desk lackeys. I usually send an email right to the service/parts department and they're really good.
Old May 26th, 2018, 6:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Call the dealer and give them last 8 numbers of the vin. They can email you a build sheet for the van. Shows options, trim level etc.... if they say they can't they are just lying or being lazy.
Old May 26th, 2018, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

I actually have a code 1LT in the sticker on passenger door. I'm assuming that says it's LT

Search this Thread