Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

need tires

Old June 4th, 2017, 5:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need tires

I have a used Chevy Express RV - 2001 - with 135,000 miles on it. I was just told I need new tires and wondered if anyone has a recommendation of specific tires to get, etc.
Old June 4th, 2017, 10:38 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like Michelin tires, use the GM recommended size found on your driver's door edge sticker. With that amount of miles have the front suspension checked for worn ball joints, tie rod ends, and shocks. I wouldn't put $500-$600 of new tires on the van with a loose suspension, you will probably get quick and undesirable wear on the tires, good luck.
Old June 4th, 2017, 12:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

If you want the best and don't mind paying for it, get Michelin.
Old June 4th, 2017, 1:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup. I had michelin ltx tires and they were great, however my new van is all wheel drive, so I wanted to try a 4 season tire. (one that has the snowflake symbol for winter use, but can also be run all year.)
I got the Nokian tire the Rotiva at plus. They are awesome tires.
Great in the snow, by far the best I have ever used. Great in the summer and rain as well. I am very pleased to mot have to swap snows anymore.
You may get a bit more life out of the michelins, but I say the Rotivas are worth it. Unless you are down south that it....lol
Old June 4th, 2017, 3:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bridgestone TransForce also good. Make sure you get the E load rating in which ever brand you choose.

Search this Thread