Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   No Warranty on anything "Glass" related??? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/no-warranty-anything-glass-related-93724/)

StanVan January 2nd, 2019 3:34 PM

No Warranty on anything "Glass" related???

I'm hoping Chevy Customer Service will read this. My '16 Express has the rubber gasket on the windshield tearing at the top pass. side corner. I've had many Chevy's over the years, putting 150k to 200k on them without this type of thing happening. The dealer said that there is absolutely no warranty on anything glass related. I find this disturbing, at best.

I'd like someone to explain this to me. How can a "bumper to bumper" warranty not cover this?

tsoleno January 2nd, 2019 4:18 PM

They should cover it if there is no sign of outer abrasion I'd think. If you talked to the normal service counter guy, have a visit with the body shop manager. Up chain as needed.

mountainmanjoe January 2nd, 2019 4:53 PM

Does GM usually read forums? I think you'll have better luck contacting them directly.
What does the fine print on the warranty say?

You should show us a pic of your problem.

StanVan January 2nd, 2019 5:46 PM

Chevy Customer Service has been in here before. It may take a day or so,but I don't see why not now.

mountainmanjoe January 2nd, 2019 6:43 PM

I guess they do.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 281170)
... If you would like to file a formal dealership complaint, please send us a private message with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and name of dealership ...
Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

I would still call or write them. It's much easier to blow someone off on the internet.

William Kisselstein January 4th, 2019 4:46 PM

Nice to see they've never really resolved that windshield gasket issue. Both of my 2002s have that problem. It only spreads a little bit and seems to settle with perhaps 2 inches sticking up, if you don't like it how that looks maybe some epoxy or rubber cement would hold it down. The gasket must shrink a little once installed and that's where it pulls up.

StanVan January 4th, 2019 5:14 PM

I'd be happy with that, as long as it never leaks.

dberladyn January 13th, 2019 11:55 AM

Your post prompted me to check both of mine. They are fine. A touch rounded, I assume from being 'pulled' during some natural form of shrinkage, but they both look the same on each side. If they tore I would be upset too.

StanVan January 13th, 2019 5:05 PM

Oh, I'm pissed, but I can't hold Chevy responsible. Apparently, it's not the original glass. So there's one more item that wasn't on the Carf&*k.

mountainmanjoe January 14th, 2019 3:17 AM

Vehicle reports only contain insurance claims. Most repairs go under the radar.