Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Not New, but I forgot to introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2018, 3:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not New, but I forgot to introduce myself

As the title says, I already posted in a number of threads but I did not properly introduced myself.

I recently bought a 2001 Conversion Van. It was a great oportunity (for me anyway) because it is a 2001, with only 30k miles on the clock, owned by a sinlge family. Everything looks like an almost brand new (other than the radio an a 6" screen). And it was a dream of my dad at some point to have one of these as we enjoyed road trips. Hes no longer with us, but this van is to his memory.

Anyway,
I just installed a new 13 inches screen with HDMI inputs and the full enchilada, but I dont want to get rid of the old one, looks like a fine piece of electronics.

And some photos of my VAN

Last edited by GeneveConversionVan; November 11th, 2018 at 1:33 PM.
Old November 5th, 2018, 4:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome. I like the "Dad" connection. I'm probably a van guy because of my Dad. His first new vehicle was a '64 Chevy Greenbriar (Corvair) van. Somewhere, I have pics of me standing in it at around 7 years old.

And speaking of pics, we will need a full photo shoot from you. And if you're gonna hang with us, I'd like something shorter to call you.
Old November 5th, 2018, 7:30 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by StanVan
Welcome. I like the "Dad" connection. I'm probably a van guy because of my Dad. His first new vehicle was a '64 Chevy Greenbriar (Corvair) van. Somewhere, I have pics of me standing in it at around 7 years old.

And speaking of pics, we will need a full photo shoot from you. And if you're gonna hang with us, I'd like something shorter to call you.
LOL, what about "V".
Old November 11th, 2018, 1:34 PM
CF Active Member

Trying to fix image not available.

Old November 11th, 2018, 3:56 PM
CF Veteran

Looks comfy. I like the wheels. Where are you mounting that vid screen? It looks like there's already something above the rear view (or it that it?) Truthfully, I haven't looked for any HDTV ready head units. My Pioneer doesn't do RGB, much less HDMI, but it does have an output for a rear screen, that isn't restricted by "park" or "parking brake" signals.
Old November 11th, 2018, 4:09 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by StanVan
Looks comfy. I like the wheels. Where are you mounting that vid screen? It looks like there's already something above the rear view (or it that it?) Truthfully, I haven't looked for any HDTV ready head units. My Pioneer doesn't do RGB, much less HDMI, but it does have an output for a rear screen, that isn't restricted by "park" or "parking brake" signals.
Thanks man.
The monitor Im showing was the one installed back in the day. I said above that it looks like a nice piece of electornics. It even has a built in analog tunner, 2 AV inputd and like 4 headset outputs all over the van. It was a shame that even my IPhone has a larger screen size lol. Thats the only reason I replaced it with a 13 in HDMI screen. Screen size and HD input, cause it still works. Im installing a small video player, nothing fancy, enogh for the kids to watch movies.
Old November 11th, 2018, 9:04 PM
CF Veteran

Yes, nice piece, for the day. Shame technology has passed it by.
Old November 12th, 2018, 12:16 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the SEATS.

Interesting as you have that completely flat headliner. I was thinking about that today. I guess if I wanted to do that, continue my cargo ceiling into the driver compartment, I would have to get to the plastic side and front piece from an older van like yours. Or is that an upfitter part I wonder?

Last edited by dberladyn; November 12th, 2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old November 12th, 2018, 7:24 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by dberladyn
I like the SEATS.

Interesting as you have that completely flat headliner. I was thinking about that today. I guess if I wanted to do that, continue my cargo ceiling into the driver compartment, I would have to get to the plastic side and front piece from an older van like yours. Or is that an upfitter part I wonder?
Thanks Man.
Im not in anyway an expert, I bought it "as it was". I never gave a thought about the headliner being flat. The VAN at this stage is in "acceptance mode". The kids will have to like long trips before modifying happens.
Old November 12th, 2018, 2:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
I like the SEATS.

Yours is not flat because it has curtain airbags inside.