Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Not New, but I forgot to introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2018, 7:21 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Right. That's why they included those long plastic pieces behind the drivers seat on the upper corners of the ceiling. I actually do not have that option, but I am aware of it. I am glad that I do not have it. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Personally, I wish I didn't even have airbags for the front. I'd rather have a glove box - lol
Old November 13th, 2018, 7:25 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Yours is not flat because it has curtain airbags inside.

Wow

One factor to consider a newer VAN.
Old November 13th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
Right. That's why they included those long plastic pieces behind the drivers seat on the upper corners of the ceiling.
Plastic pieces? You mean the window and column garnish? Those are removable

Airbags come standard in passenger vans, which I specifically bought because I wanted windows and a slider. I don't like buying old vehicles.
I'm not a tall person so it's no big deal. In fact I might be able to use some of that space to make cubby holes and install LED lighting.
There are A/C ducts in the headliner too. Which I am also glad to have.

Old November 13th, 2018, 2:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and in a side note, the completly flat headliner is because it has a long piece of wood where they hide the air ducts, and wiring for lighting and son on. I just broke a piece of it trying to install the larger screen.
Old November 14th, 2018, 6:50 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your truck is exactly the same as mine, same options. Except I do not have rear HVAC. As a Cargo van my headliner stops immediately after the Driver/Passenger and it was nothing but bare steel from the factory. Where the rear airbags are they included some cheap plastic extensions to extended the finished top corners into the cargo area. I might have been wrong when I posted, but I was imagining that this was to cover the airbags if I had had them.