Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Rear Fan Switch on 1998 Express 15 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2010, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fan Switch on 1998 Express 15 Conversion

Hi all,

Just bought a 1998 Conversion Van built on the Express 1500. It is in great shape except for a few minor things, the first of which I need to tackle is the rear air. There is a switch on the dash that is missing. The housing says "Rear Fan" at the top with your typical Hi/Lo/Off postitions. The switch is missing and the housing was not connected to anything. However I did find the harness just hanging back there.

Because it's a conversion van, I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be there or work. In the overhead, there is a console for controlling the conversion stuff (lights, Audio/Video, etc.) On that console there is a switch for "fan speed" but it doesn't seem to do anything. There are A/C ducts along the ceiling on both sides in the back. What I'm wondering is if you have to have the regular rear air on and then the fan speed thing controls the ducted stuff?

Anyway, can't seem to find a source for the switch. Any info would be appreciated. We are now a 3 Chevy family so I suppose it is high time I start participating here.

I can post pics if that helps.
Old February 27th, 2010, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think I got this one solved. There is a fuse panel in the back of the van that looks to be for the conversion stuff (TV, lights, etc.). The fuse for the rear fan was out (as in not there). I replaced it and it is working. The question is why it was gone ... guess we'll see.