Retrofitting cruise control to a 2007 Express van - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Retrofitting cruise control to a 2007 Express van

Old September 15th, 2018, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Retrofitting cruise control to a 2007 Express van

I'm trying to retrofit a cruise control into a 2007 Express van 4.8l. I got the stalk from a wrecker. I hooked it up and it's not working. Does anyone know what I need for that? It's a drive-by-wire van. Am I missing a module? Does the stalk need to be programmed?
Old September 15th, 2018, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

i know the ecm reads the speed sensor to adjust the cruise.......your ecm may not have the wiring or the programming for cruise control.....
Old September 15th, 2018, 7:52 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by loopedr1 View Post
i know the ecm reads the speed sensor to adjust the cruise.......your ecm may not have the wiring or the programming for cruise control.....
Yeah, I agree. Pretty much going to have to reflash the ECM or install one with the proper programing.
Old September 16th, 2018, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

im always afraid to reflash a good ecm.......i would be worried i could loose other functions......i think they make aftermarket units though........
try the link below....

Aftermarket Cruise Control Kits

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: