Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Roof Console Part Needed

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2016, 10:02 AM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Roof Console Part Needed

I have a 2001 Chevy Express passenger conversion LT 1500 van. I need the lens that fits into the rear of the roof console. Does anyone know where I might find this part? I believe it is discontinued from Chevrolet parts. It covers the LED light indicators at the rear. See red arrow in diagram and picture of my missing lens. Thanks.

Old January 20th, 2016, 6:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the brand of the conversion. Starcraft, explorer...etc? It is likely not a chev part but related to the upfitter.
Old January 21st, 2016, 8:21 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by canucklehead
What is the brand of the conversion. Starcraft, explorer...etc? It is likely not a chev part but related to the upfitter.
It comes from the factory this way. The first diagram came directly from my copy of the 3 volume Chevrolet service manual. Chevy just doesn't make or carry the part anymore and all the salvage yards I have checked so far only want to sell the entire roof console.
Old January 21st, 2016, 2:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well. If you cannot find an exact part, maybe you could fab a lens from a trailer light or something that is similar in shape.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 8:19 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Well. If you cannot find an exact part, maybe you could fab a lens from a trailer light or something that is similar in shape.
Thanks for the idea. I had never thought of that. I think I will give it a try!