Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Shootin' the breeze

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2019, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts
Default Shootin' the breeze

Just a topic about whatever van related.

There was a time when vans were cool. But this trailer for "Supervan" looks so cheesy.

Old June 4th, 2019, 9:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just because "Supervan" was cheesy, doesn't mean vans aren't still cool.
Old June 5th, 2019, 1:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What did I just watch?

Yesterday, I stopped at house here in my neighbourhood. As I was getting out an old couple said hello. I said hello back. Friendly. Nice weather. Yada Yada. Everyone is all smiles. I thought what a great neighbourhood. Then as I am walking away, the old bag couldn't resist herself. She made the most ridiculous sneering statement about my "vehicle". I just looked at her and shrugged my shoulders. I didn't say another word, but I was just in disbelief. Yes, I drive a VAN lady. They are very very very very very common. Just because you think everyone should drive a Prius or they are abnormal, does not make is so. I now hate that woman. I bet you every time she sees my truck from now on she'll be like there is that "suspicious" man with that strange vehicle. What a strange vehicle to be driving. He must be up to no good. My head wants to implode when I think of it. I think of all the "Artisans" I have known in various fields and the different types of vehicles they drove. People just have no clue on working lives if a profession does not fit into a nice little box with a ribbon and a bow. She should not even be allowed to vote. I have lost all faith in 90% of the population.
The following users liked this post:
Mitch Reed (July 22nd, 2019)
Old June 5th, 2019, 1:40 PM
Super Moderator

I just describe my vehicle to people as "the white raper van" preemptively now. I know they're jealous inside.
Old June 5th, 2019, 3:42 PM
CF Pro Member

lol - yeah may as well. I should buy candy and leave it on the dash too.
Old June 5th, 2019, 4:25 PM
Super Moderator

That's so 80's. You need a sign that says free wifi.
Old June 5th, 2019, 9:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

When I got my '16, someone made the "free candy" joke, and another one who knows me all too well said, "Except it would say free dog biscuits instead".
Old June 5th, 2019, 9:54 PM
Super Moderator

Biscuits lol. Are you a dognapper Mr Stan?
Old June 5th, 2019, 9:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dberladyn
lol - yeah may as well. I should buy candy and leave it on the dash too.
I saw you driving on Monday I believe. Your van always looks so shiny. Don't see a lot of black ones. I should call you Hannibal. Or are you more of a Murdock?
Old June 5th, 2019, 11:17 PM
CF Pro Member

Shiny?

I keep looking at it upset the lustre is gone. It needs a wax. A really good wax. Does it really stand out?

I am curious for police reasons. I think they know my truck (obviously), if it stands out that is a really thing. I have seen one nearly exactly like it at an intersection. It was funny because I acknowledged them and they both (in the vehicle) acknowledged me. Other than that, I have never seen another like it in person. Just similar factory pictures on the web (with different options). As for names... I'd kinda prefer not to take one, that crossing a line of some sort. Maybe the Black Sheep, Onyx Black, something like that. You know I still have not installed the battery tray? I ordered a second one, I didn't order enough factory bolts. I ordered more bolts, they didn't ship them. I just wrote them today and they responded immediately stating they just came in and they just shipped 'em. Hopefully soon. It likely will not make a functioning difference, but I am eager to know if the windows with go up and down with more oomph.