Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Shootin' the breeze

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2019, 9:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have "lived" in a Van for months while traveling in Europe , and put the Autobahn rest stops to good use ,

But here I just do not want to pay $50-$75 a night for a flea bag hotel when I have my "flea bag van" anyway !
Old July 15th, 2019, 11:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's one thing to travel for an extended time, but these folks have no fixed address, at least most of them. And then they bitch about how they can't vote, or how difficult it is to renew a drivers license. They talk about how free they are, and then get back into bitch mode when they get chased off from a place they're not supposed to be.
Old July 16th, 2019, 12:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I know what it's like not having an address. Costed me even more than the initial situation that sent me there. Complaining fixes nothing though. I kept my job and nose to the great grind stone. There is a saying and I believe in it. Don't make complaints, make suggestions. Things are better now.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've crashed in my van for a few months here or there, sometimes work gets slow and its all you can do to get to the next day. My primary use of my van is work though. As an electrician its the only way to go, trucks suck to work out of, cutaways are outrageously overpriced. And these 6.0l, 1 ton express vans are mechanically bulletproof. Electronically however my experience hasn't been the greatest, and Beth is one thirsty rig. But hey she's served me well for 3 years, soon as i figure out my likely throttle body induced limp mode issue, she'll keep serving for years to come.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 1:40 PM
CF Veteran

Your fix may help with her drinking problem. Le Moose is my first V8 in quite some time, and averages around 13. Compared to my '00 AWD Astro 4.3 V6 at almost 15, not so bad. And because it's been a while since I had a V8, my foot is in it a fair amount.

Did I mention my 0-60 is 8.1 seconds? And I think I can do better.
Old November 11th, 2019, 1:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

I don't think they're the worst, but he's not entirely wrong about them being poorly made. I still love mine so far.
Old November 11th, 2019, 8:54 AM
CF Veteran

Scotty needs to not drink before making videos.
Old November 11th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

He's just providing sign language for the deaf.