Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Sirius XM Antenna Location

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2015, 12:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius XM Antenna Location

Good morning all. I have a 2003 Chevy Express high top conversion van. I just bought a new aftermarket head unit that is Sirius XM ready. Going to be hooking all that up shortly and was wondering for those of you who have installed aftermarket sirius xm where did you mount your antenna?
Old October 25th, 2015, 2:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it a magnet type? I have a GPS antenna attached via magnet on top of the roof, just over the corner of the window. If I lose my Onstar, I may use that antenna instead. You could do the same, use an onstar antenna, it's two holes in the roof. Other than that, I think some people just place them on the dash, well under the top plastic. Depends if you are happy with the reception or not.

PS. Depending which Onstar antenna you have or install. It is two or three antennas in one. I am sure you can tap the XM band of that antenna. You'd have to check the frequencies, but from what I remember Sirius and XM are practically the same frequency. Need to double check though.
Old October 25th, 2015, 10:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My windshield trim is loose enough along the outside, that I was able to run the wire inside it all the way to the top centre of the windshield. No holes drilled.
Old October 26th, 2015, 6:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's how mine is run, but I am still eventually just going to tap the Onstar, or put a second on one. Just the way I am.