Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Sliding Door Power Lock not working 2006 Chevy Express 3500 V8 6.0 Gas passenger van

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sliding Door Power Lock not working 2006 Chevy Express 3500 V8 6.0 Gas passenger van

The power door lock on the sliding door of my 2006 Chevy Express 3500 V8 6.0 Gas Passenger Van no longer works. The front doors power locks work ok.

Need to determine how to diagnose this problem: Fuses, relays, actuator, door connections (two contacts), etc.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 1:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

LeeHamilton, are you looking to repair the vehicle yourself or would you be willing to have a dealer take a look at the vehicle? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 26th, 2014, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sliding door solenoid and door handle repair/replace

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
LeeHamilton, are you looking to repair the vehicle yourself or would you be willing to have a dealer take a look at the vehicle? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Originally Posted by LeeHamilton
The power door lock on the sliding door of my 2006 Chevy Express 3500 V8 6.0 Gas Passenger Van no longer works. The front doors power locks work ok.

Need to determine how to diagnose this problem: Fuses, relays, actuator, door connections (two contacts), etc.
Looking to do repairs myself. In the mean time, the outside door handle broke off, so have to operate the door from the inside. Then the clip that pulls the rear door lock rod to the rear of the door broke, found replacement at auto shop but it had a tendency to slip, so added a lock nut.

so the question has compounded to how to replace door handle (hopefully from junkyard) and diagnose solenoid.
Old October 26th, 2014, 9:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Door handle should be easy enough to see once you get the panel off.
My slider has a little issue where the plastic button that slides up and down to lock and unlock get kinda stuck on the way up, so when i cycle the lock to lock the van the slider tries to lock, but doesnt. I find that if I press on the door panel it frees it up.
I did some flexing and got it to work. but I have to double check once in a while.