Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Sliding Outside Door Handle

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2016, 7:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sliding Outside Door Handle

My 2011 outside sliding door handle is not right. The top pivot arm seems like its disconnect or broke. I can still open the door but not sure for how long. The top part of the handle is leaning out more compared to the bottom half of the handle when I open the door. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks.
Old January 1st, 2017, 9:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Express van door handle costs $13.95 on eBay shipped...just replace.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
CF Junior Member

My 09 barn door handle did the same thing. Took the panel off inside removed the handle and found that it was broken. They are cheap but since I had it apart I just J-B Welded it back together plus it reinforced everything. I know the new ones going to do the same thing. Fixed it 4 years ago it's still holding up strong.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by expressvanman
My 09 barn door handle did the same thing. Took the panel off inside removed the handle and found that it was broken. They are cheap but since I had it apart I just J-B Welded it back together plus it reinforced everything. I know the new ones going to do the same thing. Fixed it 4 years ago it's still holding up strong.
Thank you.
Of course its winter and cold and no heat to work in so I was wondering how much was involved in a replacement. This handle rarely is used and still gave out. Sheese...