Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

tons of water under rubber cargo mat

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2018, 3:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

They will put it in the circular file.
Old December 23rd, 2018, 3:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
They will put it in the circular file.
I know, but at least they responded to my email and even called me. Said they would be happy to help me find a dealer to fix it at my cost. I told them that I wasn't expecting them to do anything about it but wanted to let them know that they are lacking a little on their quality control.
Old December 23rd, 2018, 4:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Iamchevyvanman
at least they responded to my email and even called me. Said they would be happy to help me find a dealer to fix it at my cost.
Am I supposed to be impressed?

Originally Posted by Iamchevyvanman
they are lacking a little on their quality control.
You are being far too kind

So I guess GM's vehicles are only designed to last 2 years before they start leaking? Isn't yours still under the 5yr general warranty?
Old December 23rd, 2018, 4:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it used from a truck and van dealer as is. All I know is that it has a factory 100,000 mile powertain warranty which doesn't help me out. I also recently found that I am losing antifreeze and think my plastic radiator has a tiny leak. All I can do is let them know how I feel about their products and hope that they may start seeing that people are taking notice. Believe me, I am not happy about the quality of the new stuff that they are putting out these days. I never expected to hear anything from them. But unfortunately I have to work with what I have. My 2000 express had it's few problems but at a much older age. Hopefully everything else lasts a little longer.
Old December 23rd, 2018, 5:28 PM
Super Moderator

The same warranty applies to the vehicle whether you are the 1st or 100th owner

This is for Canada so YMMV. You can get all your original manuals and documents at MY.GM.COM

Old December 23rd, 2018, 7:46 PM
Super Moderator

Notice how they cleverly crafted the paint warranty. The call it "rust-through" so it's only covered if your van looks like swiss cheese, and all those people with peeling paint get shafted because the primer stays attached.