Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

updated the cargo area on my motovan a bit...and new doors :)

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2017, 7:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updated the cargo area on my motovan a bit...and new doors :)

coundlt believe when i saw on CL someone offer up the whole interior, including headliner for $150. he also happened to have freshly painted rear doors, so i snatched those up too.
the inside liner is awesome tho, fit like a glove, and since it was already in a van all the holes were drilled so i just used some self tapping screws and that was it.
installed the LED lights around as well.

i just have 3 more things to figure out back here, some sort of panels to do the side doors, maybe plywood or something....what to do with the spare tire (somehow the cable is ripped from previous owner), any other way to secure i never liked that setup , and a way to add some sort of privacy panels to the mesh up front on the bulkhead, so if anyone has any ideas please share

ohhh, and also got a new set of 18in silverado wheels....whats everyones verdict on black wheels? is that still cool? i made a quick and dirty photoshop

heres some pics, let me know what you think. took me a day to get all this done

Old May 5th, 2017, 9:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice, I like the liner, and the wheels.
Old May 7th, 2017, 3:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What is the purpose of such liner, besides protecting interior paint? Seems to me that you lose all the convenient strapping points on the walls.
Also in the middle of your liner, there used to be E-tracks for strapping.
Old May 8th, 2017, 8:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the liners clean up the look of the interior of a raw cargo van. Could probably do some kind of insulating too. As for securing cargo, strapping to a single wall rib, probably not the best idea, if the cargo is heavy. My vans have always been for work, carrying carpentry equipment and tool boxes, sometimes carrying drywall, plywood and lumber, always wished the manufactures had some tie down points in the floor. Doesn't djolmas haul his motorcycles in the van, probably with floor mounted eye bolts. For strapping from the walls, I would run heavier horizontal members and strap to that, instead of from one rib. I remember seeing other tradesmen mounting heavy guage Unistrut, floor to ceiling for securing equipment and cargo. Artie1, what are the E-Tracks, a horizontal member mounted across the ribs?
Old May 16th, 2017, 7:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah there used to be L tracks and holes from guy i got it from. Twscarp, yea they just run accross and you can conveniently put L track stuff on them, sorta ikea thing many things can hang off it (tho the sticker there says 200lbs)
i haul motorcycles with this van only, and they have their own way of strapping down by wheel chock and canyon dancer handlebar setup, so i don't tie anything to walls. i do have a few anchor points on the floor too in case something does need to be strapped down, but never really needed to

the liner really cleans it up, and its MUCH more quieter than the tin box that the empty van is. i drive it half the time empty and the other time with bike or 2 in the back, so all that noise gets annoying, especially on the highway. I'm sure in the winter it will stay a bit warmer, i am thinking about installing some sort of insulation behind it, just not quite sure what to go for, don't really wanna spend too much more money on the cargo area

Last edited by djomlas; May 16th, 2017 at 7:22 AM.