Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express, Savana & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-savana-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   Best up grades done (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-savana-g-series-vans-30/best-up-grades-done-85622/)

Twscarp November 15th, 2017 9:00 AM

Originally Posted by StanVan (Post 347542)
Oh, I'm okay with the fur. I'm just gonna give Pimp Daddy a hard way to go about it. It's the little things in life like this that bring me joy.

I'm OK with it too, I guess. Just wondering what the end game is, being curious because it is quite different, will have to wait to see what comes next. Again, no offense. 😇

Artie1 November 15th, 2017 2:02 PM

Originally Posted by StanVan (Post 347529)
So, I have a question. Just how do those buttons work? Is it some sort of wireless thing, and all it needs is power? While I was a professional installer, my experience predated anything of this sort. By years. Many years.

The lower 4 buttons on Suburbans control the DIC, and each button has a corresponding wire in the clockspring, so they can be simply wired as momentary switches. The top 8 buttons' signals that control the radio are all wired through one wire and it's called a resistance ladder. Each button is a different resistor, and by measuring the resistance the radio knows what button had been pushed. WIth aftermarket radios, usually an adapter device is needed. Also, with such device all those buttons can be programmed to your liking.

Teammuir1 November 15th, 2017 2:08 PM

Thanks ARTIE1
thats more info than I knew.. lol...
if you are aware of a device I would need to make it work that would be appreciated...
maybe you can post a pic or a link...

galladanb November 15th, 2017 3:45 PM

HI there, Teammuir1! Nice build! I found you from your comments on my build thread over on cheap RV living...

wanted to ask a lot of questions. I sent my contact number via pm on that other forum.

if you wouldn't mind me reaching out? Thanks!

Teammuir1 November 15th, 2017 7:10 PM

Right on Dan
I sent you a PM
talk with you soon.
Ron

StanVan November 15th, 2017 9:06 PM

Oh great. Now I have to go join another forum.

Teammuir1 November 18th, 2017 9:30 AM

Hey STAN I think you would enjoy lurking around that forum and see
what others have done to their van....
It started for me when I googled Express van headliner... I found a question that was
from DAN.. were he wanted to know if anyone had put wood under the headliner .
What I found out by reading more of his post that their are some very
derogatory people out there , any ways that is what compelled me to Register and then
post.
when I posted some pics thats when I found a new friend.

Teammuir1 November 18th, 2017 9:45 AM

Cadillac Steering Wheel Express Van

So I did not want to post any of my progress until I was completely done with this Steering wheel project.
So like ARTIE1 commented in the past about which steering wheels would fit on Express Vans and
for what year.
When your purchasing a Steering wheel and you want less problems then you will need to stick with
the advice of ARTIE1.
For me I bought a steering wheel that was available to me plus I really liked the look of it more than
likely cause I dont think anyone will go threw what I did to make this steering wheel work.
so shall we get started.
fill free to ask if you have any questions..

Teammuir1 November 18th, 2017 9:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I started taking the steering wheel apart nothing new to me since I was the
the guy that was able to Tighten up all the Chevy Steering Column while I was
in the Air Force. Yes thats what I did before and while was in and after I got out
was working on cars.. I was a Master Certified Tech.
any ways... once I was down to the lock plate I knew then I didnt have the correct
tool.. some were along the way from 2002 and 2006 GM changed the size of the
lock plate which requires another tool.. ( small story ) NO ONE around here has the
correct one ( size matters ) lol I went to 6 different auto stores. ended up taking
one of the tools I bought and made my own tool... here is the pic of the tool I modified.

Teammuir1 November 18th, 2017 10:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Next hurdle I had to over come was yet another tool... Pivot Pin remover... once again I looked on the net and read some
interesting things about a certain brand and place to NOT buy this tool..... I after reading the forum I was very hesitant to buy
the tool but I did any ways and told myself I would be very careful and hope that the tool did not fail.
The tool is from O Reilly auto parts... STAY AWAY from this tool. it FAILS every time. the tool breaks off into your pin.

So look at the second pic and you will see the tool I actually bought ( online ) thank you AMAZON.... lol
This tool works every time .. I had to remove 4 pins. on 2 different columns .
The last tool third pic Stay away from.