Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Notice (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/forum-notice-7/)
-   -   I have several 07 Tahoe issues if anyone can offer their expertise assistance (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/forum-notice-7/i-have-several-07-tahoe-issues-if-anyone-can-offer-their-expertise-assistance-83738/)

4js May 30th, 2017 7:52 PM

I have several 07 Tahoe issues if anyone can offer their expertise assistance

WOW!!!!! I am overwhelmed with a variety of "breakdowns" with my Tahoe. I have wasted as much money with dealers and mechanics that I can. If anyone can suggest any solutions for my A/C light blinking 3 times and no air, rear auto windows won't roll down, auto lift gate doesn't work, Stabilitrak and ABS system intermittent warning, cruise control is intermittent......As you can see, I am loaded with problems that "no one" can fix. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jess

Pro Tow July 11th, 2017 7:23 PM

Multiple Tahoe problems

I have an '05 Tahoe, and may be able to help with a couple of things. If you're handy, you may be able to repair a few things on your own. I personally don't like to pay someone to do something I can handle myself. I don't even let my husband help me, cuz frankly, he just gets in my way. If you know what to look for, you tube can be a godsend!
First, always check the obvious/simple stuff first. For your back windows/doors, check fuses, make sure all are ok. If not, it may be an actuator.
As with the back lift gate. Mine quit responding to lock/unlock and unfortunately there is no manual way to do this. No key on the outside, no release on the inside, which is actually a terrible hazard, and a very common problem, there have been SEVERAL complaints for tahoes/suburbans. Please complain directly with Chevy. I was hoping if enough people do, they'll recall it. Though it's probably too late now. I removed the inside panel on my rear gate, you can actually get your hand up in there and release it manually from the inside if it's locked on you. After a while it goes out all together and remains unlocked. This is an actuator issue. However the part is $500-600 and sometimes difficult to find. A dealer will prob charge a fortune to fix.
As for your air conditioner, I too had this issue. I don't remember how I diagnosed this, but it was my blower motor. Which is under the dash on the passenger side. Pretty easy fix also. I had to replace it and the resistor, but also the wiring harness for the resistor. (Which wasn't fun) It had melted in there. So I purchased those 3 things at Auto Zone and though you can get connectors, I soldered my new wiring harness in. All done in a short time. Look up diagnosing blower motor issues, and you tube is where I found a video to show me how to do it. It's quite fun actually.
I just diagnosed and replaced my Mass Airflow sensor after getting a high oxygen code on my emission system. Another 5 min job, but the part was $150. I have also replaced my oil pressure sending u it, and coolant overflow reservoir. Your vehicle is a couple years newer, but I expect you'll run into some of these issues soon. Currently I am dealing with a low oil pressure problem. Do wish me luck! Hope I was somewhat helpful!

Pro Tow July 11th, 2017 7:27 PM

Lift gate?

Not sure what's not working on your lift gate, if it's the lock, I mentioned the issue. If it won't stay up, your lifter arms are worn out and can easily be replaced in 2 min, while someone holds the gate up for you. New lifter arms can be purchased on Amazon. I recommend Strong Arm brand. I've had to replace my gate arms and my glass window arms.