Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Notice (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/forum-notice-7/)
-   -   New Forum Layout Feedback Thread (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/forum-notice-7/new-forum-layout-feedback-thread-77565/)

IB Nolan April 5th, 2016 6:18 PM

New Forum Layout Feedback Thread

We have huge news. In an effort to keep with current design trends on the web we have a new and clean forum template is now available and you can easily check it out.

The theme should be easier for new users to locate important actions like reply, new thread, etc. and clean up the site to improve site speeds for existing users.

UPDATE : 6/8/16 The style has been updated to the screenshot below and it is now the default forum design. Continue to give feedback in this thread but understand that comments prior to 6/8 may be about the older design.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/chevrol...712cbfd40b.png

in2pro April 6th, 2016 2:36 PM

I like it!, definitely an updated look, has that clean mobile look to it and will likely perform better on mobile devices even if you chose not to use the mobile version. ( I like the full web version on my tablet for easy of familiar navigation)

Twscarp April 8th, 2016 7:37 PM

I definitely do not like it.

SWHouston April 10th, 2016 12:07 PM

It looks good, and I'm sure that many will choose it, but...
I'm a stick in the mud about stuff like that...
I changed back to the old style.

SW

mistaake April 10th, 2016 3:51 PM

Awesome! Huge improvement.

IB Nolan April 11th, 2016 1:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twscarp (Post 320010)
I definitely do not like it.

Anything in particular you don't like?

Originally Posted by SWHouston (Post 320086)
It looks good, and I'm sure that many will choose it, but...
I'm a stick in the mud about stuff like that...
I changed back to the old style.

SW

Thanks SW! We are continuing to improve it and will keep you updated so you can try out each version. Many prefer the old and that is one major reason we made it optional.

Originally Posted by mistaake (Post 320093)
Awesome! Huge improvement.

Thanks for the feedback!

U.Nanimous April 11th, 2016 9:01 PM

First off I'm not someone who likes changes.

While the new design does look cleaner...I think it is too clean. For instance, the menu bar with "Quick Links", "Search" and "Log Out" is missing as well as that little "Welcome" box and now you don't know at a glance if you have a PM. I also am very used to seeing posts actually in a box.

This might be easier to get used to if all the different forums I'm on changed style together, but this is the only one doing it.

IB Nolan April 14th, 2016 2:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by U.Nanimous (Post 320168)
First off I'm not someone who likes changes.

While the new design does look cleaner...I think it is too clean. For instance, the menu bar with "Quick Links", "Search" and "Log Out" is missing as well as that little "Welcome" box and now you don't know at a glance if you have a PM. I also am very used to seeing posts actually in a box.

This might be easier to get used to if all the different forums I'm on changed style together, but this is the only one doing it.

Check the username link in the top right corner. It has many of the options from Quick Links as well as the ability to log out.

Also, you can click on the notification bell to see the full notification count but a number appears within the notification dot like in the screenshot below.

Attachment 8997

U.Nanimous April 14th, 2016 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by IB Nolan (Post 320299)
Check the username link in the top right corner. It has many of the options from Quick Links as well as the ability to log out.

Also, you can click on the notification bell to see the full notification count but a number appears within the notification dot like in the screenshot below.

Attachment 8997

So that's what the bell is for...mine didn't have a number on it at the time so I didn't click it to see what it was.

Still say it is too clean though. I normally go to a thread, read it and if I'm going to post I type my name and password in the visible boxes, write my post and click the visible log-out button. Other than that if I see I have a PM I'll click the visible link to read it. Two of those things (PM & log-out) are now hidden on menus. And did I mention posts are no longer in visible boxes? In fact now that I'm replying on this thread I realized from scrolling down that if there was something on the page I was looking for I'll never find it because the entire thread is inside a single box without any visible dividers (and I don't mean the dates, which when first viewing a thread are in colored bars).

Actually the log in boxes are hidden to, you now have to click the log-in button to get the window to pop-up.

69impalaconvharv April 29th, 2016 2:52 PM

I don't like the new form either because it won't let me reply to a previous post. It said to scroll down to the bottom of the page to a drop down menu, but there was no drop down menu at the bottom of the page. What gives? I guess I will have to go to another site to get the information I need.
69impalaconvharv