Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

04 Silverado Electrical bugs

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2015, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 04 Silverado Electrical bugs

hey there! I have 04 Silverado half ton. I'm having some electrical bugs that have me stumped. First: when I open my doors, no interior lights come on. 2nd: It keeps telling me my drivers door is ajar even when it's completely shut (no alarm bells or interior lights come on) 3rd: power locks don't work (when you lock from inside) 4th: passenger mirror won't adjust(power mirror) and passenger window won't roll down with either the passenger switch or drivers side switch.. Anyone have these problems??? Need some help here!! It would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Taylor.
Old November 20th, 2015, 8:30 PM
CF Veteran

when you open any door or just the drivers door? I'd be playing with the drivers door latch/ajar switch and checking the wiring in the door jambs for both front doors
Old November 20th, 2015, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
when you open any door or just the drivers door? I'd be playing with the drivers door latch/ajar switch and checking the wiring in the door jambs for both front doors
No lights come on at all when I open any of the doors. I've messed with override switch and it seems to be a little funky too. Still digging into it. I'll figure it out some how.
Old November 21st, 2015, 11:36 PM
CF Veteran

is the bulb good? start with the basics....could be a lot of things just going off symptoms
Old November 21st, 2015, 11:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
is the bulb good? start with the basics....could be a lot of things just going off symptoms
Bulbs are good because the interior lights turn on when I use the dimmer switch
Old November 22nd, 2015, 4:22 PM
CF Active Member

i would check the wiring harness going out to the driver side door,sounds like you may have a couple of broken wires in where the rubber boot is at the door.also check inside the drivers kick panel for any corroded wires.