Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

82 C10 3 speed on column shift trouble please help

Old February 23rd, 2018, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 82 C10 3 speed on column shift trouble please help

Hey guys how goes it? I've got a problem id love some very specific help with. Today on my way home from work my 82 C10 305 3 on the tree wouldn't go into 1st gear all of a sudden. after piddling around with it until it got dark I figured out that it won't go into 1st from Neutral unless I shift into reverse First then it pulls down smooth into 1st gear no problem and then 2nd and 3rd smoothly . I'm HOPING it just needs the Shift Linkage adjusted which I understand how to do (Mostly) But I wanted to consult someone with more experience on these than I have and all the rednecks I know are asleep or drunk atm. I'm gonna get on it after work tomorrow afternoon and would love any advice. Thanks
Old February 24th, 2018, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one?
Old February 24th, 2018, 3:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If it's mechanical, you need a screwdriver to release the shift linkage. To fix it, you need shift linkage bushings to replace

Search this Thread