Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

ABS Deletes?

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2018, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Deletes? 2011 Silverado 2500hd

Looking at a 2011 Silverado. Duramax. 4x4. Used dealer, so proceeding with caution. Truck is clean, runs great. Carfax..didn’t throw codes.. however has an abs delete. I want to buy the truck as my daily drive but would be hauling a two horse trailer from time to time. I also live in New England where the winters suck so being able to maneuver a swerve on an icy road is always nice. Just don’t have experience with this kind of delete. Thoughts and info?

Thanks

Last edited by Username871; August 17th, 2018 at 8:42 PM.
Old August 17th, 2018, 9:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Impossible to say without knowing what they did to delete the abs? remove parts/fuses? Is the abs light on?

are they certifying the vehicle or will you have to get the safety certification done yourself. ABS is standard on all new vehicles and may be a requirement for certification...depends on your state/provincial laws. check into this. It would suck to have to pay to get this repaired after the fact.
Old August 21st, 2018, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
Impossible to say without knowing what they did to delete the abs? remove parts/fuses? Is the abs light on?

are they certifying the vehicle or will you have to get the safety certification done yourself. ABS is standard on all new vehicles and may be a requirement for certification...depends on your state/provincial laws. check into this. It would suck to have to pay to get this repaired after the fact.
Yea the dealer repaired everything. Now my only issue is getting a sticker. Mass sucks when it comes to inspections. The truck has EGR and DPF deletes. It’s looking like I’m gonna have to bring her back to oem in order to get inspected. I really don’t want to but the dealer is paying using the cash from my sale so I’m making out, paying less than I offered, however my new truck is going back to stock...