Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/)
-   -   Car lunges forward when started (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/car-lunges-forward-when-started-42737/)

elpost May 24th, 2011 11:11 PM

Car lunges forward when started

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala LT (4 door, FWD) that recently has started to intermittenly lunge forward when started. The car is in park and it does this sometimes when I use the remote starter or manually start it up. I purchased this car new and it did not do this the first two years that I owned it. GM has a service bulleting out that claims this is normal and they recommend that one always use the parking brake. I do not believe this a normal as I have been driving for 50 years and have never had a car do this before. They say that there is no need to fix this problem.

My son thinks it is a transmission problem which is my opinion also. Or could it be the powertrain control module that is faulty? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to get it fixed?

Chevrolet Customer Service May 25th, 2011 8:29 AM

Originally Posted by elpost (Post 182283)
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala LT (4 door, FWD) that recently has started to intermittenly lunge forward when started. The car is in park and it does this sometimes when I use the remote starter or manually start it up. I purchased this car new and it did not do this the first two years that I owned it. GM has a service bulleting out that claims this is normal and they recommend that one always use the parking brake. I do not believe this a normal as I have been driving for 50 years and have never had a car do this before. They say that there is no need to fix this problem.

My son thinks it is a transmission problem which is my opinion also. Or could it be the powertrain control module that is faulty? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to get it fixed?

Elpost,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Did your dealership tell you about this issue being normal?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service

elpost May 26th, 2011 8:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 182296)
Elpost,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Did your dealership tell you about this issue being normal?

Thank you!

Chevrolet has a service bulletin that states this is "normal". I do not agree with this statement as it did not do this the first two years. I've been driving for 50 years and even clunkers that I have owned did not do this!

Chevrolet Customer Service May 26th, 2011 1:37 PM

Originally Posted by elpost (Post 182380)
Chevrolet has a service bulletin that states this is "normal". I do not agree with this statement as it did not do this the first two years. I've been driving for 50 years and even clunkers that I have owned did not do this!

Elpost,

I am going to set up a case for you for further review. If you would please private message me with your VIN, current mileage and full address along with your e-mail and home phone number I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

shall820 March 6th, 2014 7:58 AM

I also experience my 2009 Impala LTZ ocassionally lunges forward when I use my remote start. What is causing this?

Chevrolet Customer Service March 7th, 2014 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by shall820 (Post 270113)
I also experience my 2009 Impala LTZ ocassionally lunges forward when I use my remote start. What is causing this?

Hello shall820,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern. I understand you are looking for advice from the forum, but if you are willing to work with a local dealership, please let us know so we can assist throughout that process. We rely on our GM certified dealerships for their technical expertise and as our eyes and ears in the field. To further discuss your situation, please send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care