Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Cobalt Parts

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2010, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt Parts

Greetings folks. I'm looking to repair my SS, and came across one online. My question is, what would you pay or value an 07, salvage title, that will be used for parts only? http://easyexport.us/carfinder/vehic...=4c054bdec9d5b
Old August 12th, 2010, 9:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi UltraMagnus,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

Bear in mind that a dealer or salvage yard is going to pick that vehicle to the bare bones for late model parts before it is done. The parts on the average vehicle today are usually worth more separately than the vehicle taken as a whole. It's a paradoxic case of the total is worth less than the sum of the parts.

Ask anybody who's fixed up a custom ride, and if they are candid, they will admit that they put a whole lot more into that ride than they'll ever get out of it financially.

As far as I can tell, there's no bids as yet, if I were you, I'd figure out what I need off her, how much I'm willing to spend at my highest bid, and be ready to break off the bidding war before somebody puts you seriously out of pocket. I'd bid low to start, but be careful not to get carried away when the competition comes sweeping in.