Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

exhaust question 04 silverado

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2013, 11:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question 04 silverado

04 silverado 5.3l 4x4 ext cab. Since last fall i've had a tickish type sound (also sounds airy). I checked under my truck while the truck was running and I felt exhaust leaking at the first joint in the exhaust pipe (on drivers side). i did that last fall. Today was fix it day so i pick up a exhaust gasket from lordco. after removing the 3 nuts on the drivers side and then the ones on the passenger side the exhaust system dropped. I was expecting to find a broken gasket on the drivers side but i found nothing no sign of an old gasket. there was a round ring that was recessed into the end of the pipe that i could pop in and out.( so there was no old gasket there). I put in a new and tighten everything back up but the sound was still there and there was still exhaust leaking in the same spot.( its right at the join) should exhaust come from there? what did i do wrong?. I'm going to redo everything tomorrow.... just try again
thanks for any help
thanks,
T

Last edited by toadaly; May 11th, 2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot something