Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Cabin Air Filter Issue

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2018, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Air Filter Issue

Hello all, I am having an issue with a mouse making his home on the top of my cabin air filter. He has done this 3 times so far. The only way I can tell if he has done this again is if I notice the airflow has become less or this time I noticed a faint odor and when I got to the cabin air filter I found a nest as big as a softball and the filter was full of dirt in the center area, only way air was getting through was on the sides .Anyhow, before I start tearing things apart, does anyone know where the duct for the cabin air actually is? Would like to know if anyone else has had an issue like this and how you remedied it. I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT. Thank you, Mike
Old March 18th, 2018, 7:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

pretty sure the air flow is from the windshield cowl.....thru the recirculation door...to the cabin filter.
if you think the rat is getting access from the windshield cowl...put the hvac to recirc and this will close off airflow from the cowl. if you really want to screen it off...remove the wipers, cowl and install a screen over the access hole...then get a barn cat.