Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Methyl Ethyl

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2014, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Methyl Ethyl

I bought a 2014 Silverado a while back and it will run on E85, obviously, but I wanted to know if there was a known safe blend of Methanol/Gasoline or straight Methanol BOTH WITH OIL ADDITIVES if necessary to tone down the corrosion situation. I have easier access to Methanol and can buy around 100 gallons at a time for $1.75 right now through a friend at wholesale whereas E85 is virtually the same price as gasoline. Anyway, I know it doesn't say it's rated for Methyl alcohol, just Ethyl but wanted to see if anyone knew it wouldn't set off all the sensors... Been reading reports that E30 gives better fuel economy than either E85 and E10 (gasoline) and Ethanol goes for around $2/gal or so retail... I don't want feedback from people who are going to hate on the biofuel market, I don't want to hear mpg, etc... I'm most interested in dollars per mile (DPM). Thanks!