Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/)
-   -   Random chirping (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/random-chirping-24582/)

koldigs July 20th, 2009 5:53 PM

Random chirping

I have a 2005 Suburban. I hear a chirping sound (like the alarm chirp) at random times while driving. It it intermittent and random. It sounds like it is coming from in the dash. Sometimes while I turn the car off it chirps slightly 3 times. The last episode was while driving a long trip. It started chirping about every 30 seconds. I pulled over, turned the car off, restarted and the chirp dissappeared. I need help.:confused:

shawnvw July 21st, 2009 2:10 PM

do you have aftermarket accessories? can you pin point the location of the noise? is it only while driving?

koldigs July 21st, 2009 2:32 PM

everything is factory, the chirp comes from dash in gauge area. It has not chirped all day. The dealer said bring it in the day it happens and maybe they can locate it. Problem it seems to only happen when I am in a hurry to get somewhere or nowhere near the dealer. Also, sometimes when stopped at a light it will happen when I let off the brake.

Jazmyn August 17th, 2016 1:03 PM

I am suffering from this annoying "chirp" as well. It has gone on for many years and I have been chasing an answer...and still am. At first I thought it was the brakes because it started as every time I let my foot OFF of the brake, now it is random and not every time it is driven...it might be a loud chirp or soft chirp, single or multiple...it can be on the passenger side, middle, or drivers side. It is a chirp that will drive one insane! The dealer never hears it of course, yet they charged me literally $500 to check it out for me and had my truck for a week and a half. Also, I went into the store one day, was in for about 20 minutes (maybe longer) and walking back out to the truck it chirped at me. You don't have to be driving it, it just DOES it...randomly...or obsessively, whatever it chooses. Any information would help me, just knowing what it is so I am not cussing at my beloved truck would please me.

bfclay18 July 16th, 2018 11:18 AM

Did you ever figure out what the problem is? i have a 2004 Suburban doing same thing. Random and can do it when engine isn't running.

Jazmyn July 19th, 2018 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by bfclay18 (Post 359601)
Did you ever figure out what the problem is? i have a 2004 Suburban doing same thing. Random and can do it when engine isn't running.

I did not. However, I finally traded in my Avalanche so that chirp no longer drives me insane. I miss my truck but not the chirp. :) Good luck finding out what it is! About 15 years and I could never figure it out and of course it never did it for the shop so they couldn't even take a guess aside "maybe it's your alarm". Best of luck!

Jack Taylor May 1st, 2019 3:02 PM

2004 chevy tahoe

So I have a 2004 chevy tahoe started making same chirp when letting off break and when truck is off I replaced my break hydro booster and started making sound.......has anyone figured it out

Originally Posted by koldigs (Post 106366)
everything is factory, the chirp comes from dash in gauge area. It has not chirped all day. The dealer said bring it in the day it happens and maybe they can locate it. Problem it seems to only happen when I am in a hurry to get somewhere or nowhere near the dealer. Also, sometimes when stopped at a light it will happen when I let off the brake.

Jack Taylor May 2nd, 2019 9:08 PM

Random chirping

Ok so I been having same problem and I think I figured it out and if I'm right then I'm a retard.......so I drop my key fob in water and stopped working long story short I put a new battery in key fob and hasn't made a chirp for 2 days so it was the battery in the key fob making noise.....maybe battery was dying kind of like a smoke alarm in ur house

Originally Posted by koldigs (Post 106252)
I have a 2005 Suburban. I hear a chirping sound (like the alarm chirp) at random times while driving. It it intermittent and random. It sounds like it is coming from in the dash. Sometimes while I turn the car off it chirps slightly 3 times. The last episode was while driving a long trip. It started chirping about every 30 seconds. I pulled over, turned the car off, restarted and the chirp dissappeared. I need help.:confused:

Team Green December 15th, 2020 9:45 AM

Answer?

Did anyone ever figure this out.. plagued with the same issue and can't figure it out. 04 avalanche 5.3 z66

Gage Foret March 13th, 2021 7:29 PM

05 Avalanche Z71

I've got an 05 Avalanche Z71 with the exact same issue, any help would be much appreciated.
I do have a short video of it but can't seem to post it.