Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/)
-   -   Security warning light on??? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/security-warning-light-2041/)

duggger July 30th, 2006 7:21 PM

Security warning light on???

I have a 2002 Trailblazer LS, and it won't start today. The "service engine soon" light is on and the "security" light is blinking when I try to start it. What do I have to do to start this car?

Doug

LuangTom July 30th, 2006 10:39 PM

RE: Security warning light on???

Sounds like the PassLock system is needing a re-boot. Security-system light is blinking, then
turn the ignition-key to the ON position. Wait ten to twenty minutes until the lights stops its
blinking or goes off, then turn off the key and re-start car. This should reset the PassLock.

duggger July 31st, 2006 11:40 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it and let you know how it went.

Doug

duggger August 4th, 2006 3:16 PM

Here's an update...I had the car towed to the dealer. They're looking up some security codes for it. They don't know what to do yet. I'll let you guys know what I learn.

kolby August 14th, 2007 10:03 PM

What did you learn? I am having the same issue...

jla74 November 7th, 2007 9:43 AM

There are alot of people with this issue and there are never any responses from people letting us know if they were able to get it fixed or not. Some people have bypassed the passlock issue to get around their problems but what about GM fixing the problem.ANYONE??????????

martinchevrolet November 8th, 2007 8:00 PM

Typically the passlock sensor has to be replaced. Its pretty common.

jla74 November 9th, 2007 6:55 AM

Martinchev.
Thanks for your post. Do you work at a dealership? Appears you are pretty confident in the cause. If so hang around others on the forum will really appreciate it.
Is it an expensive part to replace? It seems that if it was this common there would be a recall on the affected vehicles.

jla74 November 9th, 2007 11:21 AM

The passlock sensor is located inside the ignition switch. It is my understanding that this will need to be replaced as well as the tumbler assembly. Total cost to me the consumer..$444.83. This is supposed to be the updated version. I guess that means they know there is a problem.

jla74 February 5th, 2008 10:54 AM

Well just when you think everything is going well...BOOM it all starts again. It has only been three months and today I get the call from the Mrs. very unhappy and stuck in a parking lot with the same problem. The dealership just replace the ignition switch last Nov. and now the problem is starting again.