HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Brake Issues

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2018, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Issues

I have a 2006 hhr did the repair t kit on the front calipers,now have no brakes, when trying to pump brakes up to bleed them pedal will not hold, I did a gravity bleed still no brakes, when you try building up the brakes by pushing pedal up and down it gives little resistance. Any and all help would be a appreciated.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 3:48 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Smith
I have a 2006 hhr did the repair t kit on the front calipers,now have no brakes, when trying to pump brakes up to bleed them pedal will not hold, I did a gravity bleed still no brakes, when you try building up the brakes by pushing pedal up and down it gives little resistance. Any and all help would be a appreciated.
You have air in the system.

You can make a cheap brake fluid pressurized system using an old-style hand-pump oil can, a small zip-tie and some vinyl tubing that fits your bleed valves tightly. Make sure its clean, fill it with DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid, take off your master cylinder cover, get the air out of the tubing, connect to bleed valves, and pump the air out, using the handle slowly. and closing the bleed valve until you pump the slave cylinder again,

Make sure to keep refilling the oilcan with brake fluid, so you wont accidentally run it dry. The M/C will likely fill up and spill over so once you are done, hose it down good
so you wont damage the paint. Brake fluid takes a while to damage paint, but you could use an old towel to help keep it off the paint. It'd be better if you can find another person to help you out, if possible.