Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

parking brake actuator rubbers

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2018, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default parking brake actuator rubbers

I'm doing rear brakes , adjusted parking brake shoes and noticed the rubber boots are junk. I can't seem to find the rubber seals without buying a complete brake hardware kit or buying a new actuator block which I don't need. Anyone know of a source for the rubber boots / seals only? Apparently the dealer doesn't have a separate number for the boot , only for the block and boot.

Any help is appreciated. Car is 2007 Impala LT.

Chris

Last edited by J C Smith; January 21st, 2018 at 8:42 PM. Reason: additional info
Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:22 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Rockauto has a hardware kit with the boots and it is very inexpensive. The boots alone would probably cost that much if you could find them.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...dware+kit,1736

Last edited by oldchevy; January 22nd, 2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Old chevy, thanks for the response. I get my parts from Rock Auto , great people to work with. But the boots I need are the ones that go on the parking brake actuator lever that keep road grime and water out of the parking brake shoe inside of the disk. The boots are sandwiched between the backing plate and the actuator block.
I think it is a disgrace that the boots are not available separately. The dealer wants $182.00 for a hardware kit which includes every piece that I don't need. To say I'm pissed is an understatement . I've tried Dorman , auto parts stores , etc to no avail. Personally, I believe it is a scam just to sell parts. Rant over.

Thanks again, Chris
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, necessity is the mother of invention. I have no idea what part you're referring to but would it be possible to fabricate something yourself? Just an idea; I've been in a similar situation.
Old January 26th, 2018, 8:48 AM
CF Junior Member

crawdad, you are so right.. I think I've a solution. I have a rubber liner for a big truck tube type . I cut the appropriate size piece and cut a slice in the middle for the lever to stick thru.. It will definitely outlast the OEM boot. You would think a consumable piece like this would be available , but no , that would make too much sense.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Chris
Old January 27th, 2018, 9:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, good for you! We don't need no stinkin' parts stores.