Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   2010 chevy impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/2010-chevy-impala-56570/)

garyh February 19th, 2013 2:16 PM

2010 chevy impala

car will start but gear shift will not move out of park, codes are uo140 and uo101 and uo100. can anyone help with this?

Chevrolet Customer Service February 20th, 2013 11:00 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> garyh,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. The issue you are experiencing may be due to a loss of communication with the BCM. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis after inspection.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please provide your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service

garyh February 20th, 2013 2:54 PM

I took it to certified GM techician told him the codes it was reading he told me there were wires broken and pop spilled on shift control so he had to replace the shift control and pigtail connector for shift lock control. This cost 361.74 less than 1 hour of work. I wondered if this sounds right we do not drink in car[ but we are out of state], just curious as to why he couldn't have just replaced pigtail connector instead of whole shifter.

tech2 February 20th, 2013 5:44 PM

there is a shift lock solenoid that must be engerized to allow an out of park shift. the solenoid may not be sold indiviually but rather as a complete assembly. Or the shifter button in the column that energizes the solenoid may have been broken. That is a question for the shop that did the repair.

The u-codes are undefined codes that usually set when module loss of communication occurs.