Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   2014 Impala questions (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/2014-impala-questions-60850/)

Popo1x March 23rd, 2015 2:05 PM

I to noticed the interior fan does not automatically quiet when making a call like my 2013 Malibu does . Also no visible icon indicating if bluetooth is connected or not like the Malibu does.

Don't get me wrong I love my 2014 Impala, just makes you wonder about some of the smaller conviences.

Popo1x March 23rd, 2015 2:09 PM

My 2014 Impala 2LT would also delete the voltage, B tripometer after I add them. After the fourth time the settings stayed and are still there. Keeping my fingers crossed.

sledge.impy March 23rd, 2015 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Popo1x (Post 298188)
I to noticed the interior fan does not automatically quiet when making a call like my 2013 Malibu does . Also no visible icon indicating if bluetooth is connected or not like the Malibu does.

Don't get me wrong I love my 2014 Impala, just makes you wonder about some of the smaller conviences.

Maybe the noise isn't picked up. :confused: How's that for convenience?

sledge.impy March 23rd, 2015 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Popo1x (Post 298189)
My 2014 Impala 2LT would also delete the voltage, B tripometer after I add them. After the fourth time the settings stayed and are still there. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Are you using any accessory plugs? USB? 110V outlets? SD cards? USB sticks?

jonwillcox@cableone.net March 29th, 2015 10:11 PM

CA Impala in Oklahoma

Just bought 2014 Impala in OK, and the CA plates in the trunk didn't strike me as any problem until after I'd closed the deal.

Are these emissions "extras" going to give me power problems when I visit relatives at higher altitudes?

Love the car and the way it handles.

But it's got a loose knocking sound when idling in neutral at 500 rpm or at stop lights.

Hoping warranty covers it and I haven't purchased a vehicle that should have stayed in California.

Frank3 March 30th, 2015 11:45 AM

jonwillcox, I would think that Chevrolet Warranty should cover it unless there are signs of previous abuse. The only way to tell is to have it checked out at a dealer before things get worse. Curious, does the noise go away when it is put it into reverse or drive to load the engine?

The knocking noise could come from a variety of sources, (including bearings) but I had two vehicles with the knocking noises. In my pickup, the knock was due to the mechanical fuel pump. You swear it was bearing knock. On another the bolts loosened up on the flexplate to torque converter and would quiet down when in drive or reverse. However, the best bet is to have it checked out.

Saturnmco77 July 17th, 2015 5:13 PM

Not pleased.

I buy a new car every 2 years or so due to the amount of driving I do for work. I was excited to buy this Impala based on looks alone. I am so disgusted with my purchase! It has been in the shop at least 3 times for an average of two weeks at a time currently it has been in the shop since 6/23! My trunk keeps opening itself and thanks to that I had to repay for a work laptop that was stolen along with several items newly purchased at the mall. The thieves were nice enough to leave the laptop bag! My keys are never in my pocket so I know it wasn't me. I was home at 3am and parked the car in the garage and hung the keys up on the hook and come out to an open trunk in the morning. Later that day trunk was open again while I was at work and the keys were in my desk. At one point my trunk stated it was open and I couldn't even open it to re close it! The parking break continues to set itself and the radio just goes black on its own! I've had this car since November and wish I never would've purchased it! There is clearly an electrical problem and they can't find it! I don't feel safe driving a car that the emergency brake sets itself as I'm driving!

damockstadad July 18th, 2015 12:58 PM

I have a 2014 LTZ that I purchased new in Sep 2013. I had a similar problem with the trunk opening on its own, however, my problem was alleviated by reprogramming the key fob. It still happens once in awhile, but not like when it was new and only when I hit it accidentally while the fob is in my pocket. My electrical problems similar to yours deals with the settings on the Info Pages. I have selected all of the features on the Info Pages and keep the screen on Speed. As if it has a mind of its own, the screen changes from Info Pages (Speed) to Audio and deletes my features I had checked on the Info Pages. I have had my car to the dealer at least four times to no avail. They call GM and try reprogramming. They have replaced the entire radio. Nothing seems to work. My problem is more of a nuisance than a safety problem, like yours. I'd be interested in how they repair your electrical gremlins, if they ever do. Good luck!!

JazzGuyy July 18th, 2015 1:18 PM

Unsolvable problems that relate to safety and drivability may be covered by lemon laws in your state. After so many attempts to fix a problem fail, you may be entitled to your money back or a replacement vehicle. You must keep careful documentation of the repair attempts. Check your local laws to see if you may have a case.

los.01 July 23rd, 2015 10:46 PM

Service Front Camera Message

Got a used 14 impala a month ago and a week into driving it I noticed this message but I cant find much a out it online...anyone have any insight?