Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   2014 Impala-Speedometers show different values (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/2014-impala-speedometers-show-different-values-64147/)

sledge.impy March 16th, 2014 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 271072)
why? do you think it a parallax line of sight error?

from my video i took at the top of the airbag/steering wheel, I see 1-2 mph lag on the digital AT CERTAIN times...

but looking down I can see how I wouldn't miss a beat while driving ...

but seriously - how much time is spent looking at both tachs and saying "1 is out of whack by 2 mph" is possible when driving?

post video proof for comparison.

tech2 March 16th, 2014 9:17 AM

I can't imagine what can be done at a dealership level for this. Maybe the monitor can't refresh its display fast enough to match the digital display.The vss comes from the same sensor and would be sent to both speedo via a data line. You must have to concentrate real hard to notice a 2mph difference. If off warranty, and someone had to pay to correct this, no one would.

sledge.impy March 17th, 2014 10:59 PM

I can't either.

I'm waiting for the O.P. to respond to questions before posting my videos.

In fact, he should post a video 1st of his complaint.

In the meantime, there is this video.

Digital appears slower over 20 mph when doing a 0-60mph.. analog is slower under 20 mph.

In all honesty, with all the complaints about my speedo's don't match, I can see this becoming a non-factor by having only 1 speedo displays in the future from too many people complaining they are "off".

He would have a gripe if they are never the same though... but I don't believe it.

sledge.impy March 22nd, 2014 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 57briarpatch (Post 270567)
I bought a 2014 Silver Ice Metallic Impala LTZ last August. I'm very happy with the car and sort of enjoy the 2nd looks and compliments I get about it. Best ride ever and exremely quite. So many things to like and only a few bothersome items. One that drives me crazy is that the analog speedometer shows a noticeably different value than the digital speedometer. Based on some of the highway speed displays I drive past, the digital appears to be the one that's accurate and the analog is 2mph faster. Not the end of the world but it truly does annoy me. I would have been happy with just one speedometer but since Chevy went to the trouble to install two, I'd like them to both give me the same value. I asked my dealer service rep about it and he said there's no adjustment or calibration and +/- 2mph is standard. I have a 2011 Equinox and both are EXACTLY the same. So my QUESTIONS are: Is it true that the speedometers cannot be adjusted or calibrated to display the same value? and.. Is it reasonable to want both to read the same or am I expecting too much? If they can't be adjusted, what's the alternative. New analog speedometer?

So what happened? Can you answer the other posts or post video of the issue?

You haven't logged in in a while... so what's up?!!