Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   Chevrolet Impala reliability - how does it compare? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/chevrolet-impala-reliability-how-does-compare-5813/)

mkaresh March 5th, 2007 12:19 PM

Chevrolet Impala reliability - how does it compare?

In late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research. I'm reporting absolute stats like "times in the shop" that will make the differences between cars much clearer. Relative ratings obscure too much--how large is the difference between "better than average" and "worse than average"?

I collect data on any year with 25 owners signed up. The 2006 just reached this mark, and the 2004 is getting close.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results free of charge.

Details: Vehicle reliability research

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

mkaresh April 29th, 2007 1:55 PM

RE: Chevrolet Impala reliability - how does it compare?

Getting close to the minimum needed to start collecting data for the 2006, and the 2004 is now also over halfway. I'd like to collect data on all recent model years, but need at least 25 owners per year signed up first.

mkaresh May 29th, 2007 9:33 AM

Latest results posted here:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

I'd like to have the Impala among these results in the future. Just need more owners to participate.

mkaresh June 29th, 2007 10:30 AM

Still short of the number needed to start collecting data. I'd really like to see how the Impala compares to competitors, most of which I'm already providing results for.

mkaresh September 14th, 2007 9:00 AM

Now just three cars short for the 2006, and five short for the 2004.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

keithb123 September 14th, 2007 9:35 PM

from my experience, the panther body is a much better build.

mkaresh October 7th, 2007 12:26 PM

The Panthers do seem to last forever in livery service.

I just started collecting data on the 2006--thanks, guys--and am getting close to the minimum sample with the 2004. Results for about 65 other models next month.

mkaresh October 29th, 2007 7:29 AM

Results early next month for over 65 other models. I'd really like to have some Chevrolets in there the next time around, in February.

mkaresh November 27th, 2007 12:30 PM

Onlya few owners short of the minimum for some model years.

Also, just added the Common Auto Repairs Database (CARDb), where members canpost common repairs for a car.It's possible to include a link to a forum thread discussing theproblem,which couldbrind additional traffic to this forum.

Common Auto Repairs Database (CARDb)

mkaresh December 21st, 2007 11:44 AM

Latest results for over 70 other models in February. Still trying to get to the minimum sample size for most years of the Impala.

Chevrolet Impalareliability research